[jbossws-dev] Running Framework Tests

Alessio Soldano asoldano at redhat.com
Fri Jul 4 12:29:44 EDT 2008

Hi Darran,
you're right, some documentation has to be written on this now that the
move to maven is almost completed. I'll do this as soon as I have some time.
In the mean time, here is how I usually do (if someone has better
suggestions...): from the native stack checkout folder, I run
'mvn -Pjboss422,testsuite -Dtest=namespace/**/*TestCase test' where
- jboss422 is the profile for the integration target you want to use
- test=... is a filter to get the test I want to run (no filter = whole
testsuite).
Please note that this will scan both the native and testsuite tests.
The testsuite tests are unzipped from the framework artifact. This means
that the sources you'll have in
stack/native/trunk/modules/framework-tests/... are not under source control.
If you want to clean the tests in the native stack folder, run 'mvn
-Ptestsuite clean'
Finally, releasing local snapshots in your local mvn repository may help
when modifying the testsuite, this can be done through 'mvn install'
(while 'mvn deploy' releases the artifact to the remote jboss repository).
Cheers
Alessio