[jbossws-dev] Multi Component Fixes

Richard Opalka ropalka at redhat.com
Fri Jul 11 01:30:31 EDT 2008

See inlined comments below:

Darran Lofthouse wrote:
> Right I have the code ready now but I am unsure how to handle what
> appears to be a circular dependency in the build.
>
> Within SPI I have modified one interface to get and set the list of
> virtual hosts.
>
> Within Framework I have implemented the additional methods on the
> DefaultService implementation.
>
> Within Framework I have added a new DeploymentAspect similar to the
> ContextRootDeploymentAspect to check for virtualHosts and set
> accordingly.
>
> Within AS I have added the new DeploymentAspect for EJB3 deployments.
> I have also taken the virtual hosts list from the Service
> implementation and pass them to JBoss Web for deployment.
>
> And then finally within the framework testsuite I have re-enabled the
> test to test that the deployment is deployed to a virtual host.
Sounds good to me

> The problem I now have is that jbossws-native (and I think the other
> two) pull in the container integration code and deploy it to JBoss.
> Now that we have the SPI seperated out should JBossWS really be
> pulling in AS code like this? The name within the pom.xml in the
> webservices project of AS does not match the name as it is pulled back
> into WS
We will discuss this problem on next JBossWS meeting that is scheduled
to 22-nd and 23-rd of July.
Till now we used to modify both AS webservices module and AS integration
module.
Both source code bases are almost the same.

> how are the snapshot versions of this code released?
Modify AS integration code base (e.g. jbossws/container/jboss50/trunk)
Do `mvn deploy` after modification.