[jbossws-dev] [Design of JBoss Web Services] - Re: [JBWS-2187] javax.xml.ws.Service handlers and thread saf

darran.lofthouse@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Jul 20 08:42:36 EDT 2008

I have my final solution for this issue, I am just running some tests and then I am ready to commit to trunk.

The working branch is: -

https://svn.jboss.org/repos/jbossws/stack/native/branches/dlofthouse/JBWS-2187

This fix has involved three areas of change.

- 1 -

The HandlerResolverImpl pased into the ClientImpl is now copied.  New collections are created from the contents of the original HandlerResolverImpl.

This means both instances may have the same handlers but in their own lists so if either is reconfigured it will not affect the other instance.

- 2 -

I have removed the Observer/Observable pattern for notification of handler changes.  The only place we were using it was to reconfigure the Client hander chains but as said earlier in this discussion changing the configuration on one client should not affect the others.

- 3 -

Refactored the EndpointMetaData to contain an EndpointConfigMetaData object to encapsulate the configurable values.

Generally the use of EndpointMetaData remains the same but if a client needs to it can create a new EndpointConfigMetaData and use that instead so each client can have individual configuration or use the common configuration as required,

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4165530#4165530

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4165530