[jbossws-dev] [Design of JBoss Web Services] - Re: [JBWS-2187] javax.xml.ws.Service handlers and thread saf

darran.lofthouse@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jun 13 07:01:12 EDT 2008

>From my understanding of the evolution of this API I believe that the Observer/Observable patters was used when the configuration was set on the Service rather than when it was set on the Port - as the configuration was being set on the factory for the Ports is made sense that the Ports were notified of configuration changes to update themselves.

However since the change of the API to make the configuration changed on the Port I also do not see how this would be required any more.

I don't think the fix is just a case of cloning the handler chain it is the whole configuration that needs to be cloned into the Port the ConfigProvider has the following properties: -
  - ConfigFile
  - ConfigName
  - SecurityConfig

I think when a Port is created the handlers and the configuration settings should be cloned from the Service but then further changes to these values on the Port will cause the Port to 'forget' the values loaded from the Service and load them locally to the Port.

The Port can still make use of methods on the Service to perform the actual loading but these need to be thread safe to cope with concurrent calls and to prevent affecting the other Port instances.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4157915#4157915

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4157915