[jbossws-dev] [Design of JBoss Web Services] - Re: JBMETA-44, ws annotation processing for references

alessio.soldano@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jun 19 09:44:04 EDT 2008

I'm running some test cases on JBossWS side to validate the JBMETA-44 and I've just come to this:

"alex.loubyansky at jboss.com" wrote : Another question related to JBMETA-44 and JBCTS-797. It's not clear to me how the @WebServiceRef should be mapped to ServiceReferenceMetaData.

  | What (if anything) in @WebServiceRef should specify the service-interface?
  |
  | The current processing of @WebServiceRef is
  |       if(annotation.type() != Object.class)
  |   |          ref.setServiceRefType(annotation.type().getName());
  |   |       else
  |   |          ref.setServiceRefType(getType(element));
  |   |       if(annotation.value() != Object.class)
  |   |          ref.setServiceInterface(annotation.value().getName());
  |   |

  | Is this correct? The example Scott posted above is from JBCTS-797 which currently fails because "service-interface is null".

Yes, as Thomas said, this should be the right implementation.
I've just seen that commit 74508 changed the implementation to:

  |      if(annotation.type() != Object.class)
  |          ref.setServiceRefType(annotation.type().getName());
  |       else
  |          ref.setServiceRefType(getType(element));
  |       if(annotation.value() != Object.class)
  |          ref.setServiceInterface(annotation.value().getName());
  |       else
  |          ref.setServiceInterface(ref.getServiceRefType());

In my opinion this is not right since you might end up having the SEI class name in the serviceInterface attribute in cases where a reference whose type is a SEI is defined.
The above change was done because of the "<service-interface> cannot be null" error at the beginning of this thread that actually proved to be caused by the annotatedElement not being set, wan't it?
Thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4159286#4159286

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4159286