[jbossws-dev] Re: DIME support on JBoss EAP 4.3

Thomas Diesler thomas.diesler at jboss.com
Mon Mar 10 04:50:55 EDT 2008

Hi Lucas,

we do not support DIME and, which is also not on our roadmap. Instead we
support SOAP with Atachments (SwA) and XOP/MTOM.

Direct Internet Message Encapsulation (DIME) is a Microsoft-proposed
internet standard for the transfer of binary and other encapsulated data
over SOAP.

According to the IETF web site, the standard has been withdrawn and
never made RFC status.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Direct_Internet_Message_Encapsulation

Axis (especially 1.x), because of its numerous inherent problems, not
standardized API, poor support for document literal is not supported in
JBoss. A migration to standard J2EE web services (i.e. JAX-WS) should be
considered.

cheers
-thomas

--