[jbossws-dev] @SecurityDomain annotation causing failures

Alessio Soldano asoldano at redhat.com
Wed Mar 19 20:05:20 EDT 2008

Hi Folks,
I spent some time understanding why the following two tests of JBWS-1988
and JBWS-1991 are failing for AS5 only:
http://jbws.dyndns.org:8180/hudson/job/Native-Core-AS-5.0.0/lastBuild/testReport/org.jboss.test.ws.jaxws.jbws1991/UsernameAuthTestCase/testWrongPasswordAuth
http://jbws.dyndns.org:8180/hudson/job/Native-Core-AS-5.0.0/lastBuild/testReport/org.jboss.test.ws.jaxws.jbws1988/UsernameAuthTestCase/testWrongPasswordAuth

On AS 5 the @SecurityDomain annotation is not found by the ejb3 aop
interceptor (Ejb3AuthenticationInterceptorv2) and thus the
authentication doesn't fail even if wrong user/pwd is used. The reason
for this is that the AS5 interceptor looks for
org.jboss.ejb3.annotation.SecurityDomain  while the AS 4.2 interceptor
looks for org.jboss.annotation.security.SecurityDomain that is the
annotation we use to use in our endpoints.
Do you think we should consider this as an ejb3 issue and thus write it
to the jbossas jira? Honestly I don't like having 2 different
annotations to do the same thing on different containers (using the new
annotation the tests run fine on AS5), but I'm not aware of the reasons
that drove to the new annotation in AS5.
Thanks
Alessio