[jbossws-dev] [Design of JBoss Web Services] - [JBWS-2187] javax.xml.ws.Service handlers and thread safety.

darran.lofthouse@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon May 19 06:06:40 EDT 2008

I am currently working on the following Jira issue: -

http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBWS-2187

I wanted to bring it up here to confirm the intended behaviour.

In the past we have always recommended that the Service is thread safe and should be used as the factory for the Port instances and then the Port instances should only be used by one thread at a time.

Personally my interpretation is that any action on a Port instance should not affect any of the other Port instances so if the configuration is set on one instance it should be local to that instance and not alter the others or be retained by the Service.

The Service should always retain it's base configuration that should always be the base for new Port instances but the new instances can always override this.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4151707#4151707

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4151707