[Fwd: Re: [jbossws-dev] Status of JAX-RPC?]

Alessio Soldano asoldano at redhat.com
Mon Sep 22 08:19:36 EDT 2008

Forgot to CC Mark, sorry.

-------- Messaggio Originale --------
Oggetto: 	Re: [jbossws-dev] Status of JAX-RPC?
Data: 	Mon, 22 Sep 2008 14:17:10 +0200
Da: 	Alessio Soldano <asoldano at redhat.com>
A: 	Christophe Laprun <claprun at redhat.com>
CC: 	jbossws-dev at lists.jboss.org
Referenze: 	<1BFDE858-D004-4510-A049-92475CDDDC45 at redhat.com>

Hi Chris,
I can't reply you and that's why I'm CC-ing Mark, anyway the main issue
I see here is that the current TCK (java ee 5) includes tests requiring
JAX-RPC. So we need jax-rpc support as long as we claim javaee5
compliance for the AS.

Btw that's an interesting question, Mark, as these days I've been
thinking about possible solutions for the JAX-RPC support when we'll
move to use JBossWS-Metro as default AS webservice stack. Afaics Metro
covers JAX-WS only, Sun has a legacy jax-prc project that used to be
included in JWSDP and now I think is part of Glassfish. Still need to
dig this a bit further, anyway for sure we need to find out the best way
of passing the jax-rpc tests in the TCK with JBossWS-Metro.
Cheers
Alessio