[jbossws-dev] [Design of JBoss Web Services] - Deploying web services in service archive

alessio.soldano@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 25 14:00:33 EDT 2008

I've been looking at https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBWS-2246. As Adrew correctly pointed out, the problem here is that the jbossws deployer relies upon injection into beans declared in server//deploy/jbossws.sar/META-INF/jboss-beans.xml which of course are not available at startup till jbossws.sar itself is deployed.
I'd say everything required for the deployment should go to server//deployers to solve this. But I'm wondering if leaving part of the beans involved in the deployment (mainly the stack specific ones) in the jbossws.sar was done on purpose for a reason I'm missing. Perhaps Thomas or Heiko can suggest here.

I've done some tests, anyway, manually moving all the deploy stuff to server//deployers. The problem I see now with JSE endpoints in sar archives is that jbossws needs the classloader to instanciate classes that live in the generated webapp. To achieve this during the deployment the UnifiedMetaDataDeploymentAspect reads the the context classloader from the JBossWebMetaData. That classloader is previously set in the JBossWebMetaData by the TomcatDeployment, but of course that only happens after the jboss.web:service=WebServer is started (and that lives in server//deploy). So the problem in JBWS-2246 would stay, unless we find another solution for this too. Any suggestion?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4178893#4178893

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4178893