[jbossws-dev] [Design of JBoss Web Services] - Re: Deploying web services in service archive

alessio.soldano@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Sep 26 03:40:46 EDT 2008

"heiko.braun at jboss.com" wrote : anonymous wrote :
  |   |  the jbossws deployer relies upon injection into beans declared in server//deploy/jbossws.sar/META-INF/jboss-beans.xml
  |   |

  | Careful here. The deployers don't use injection, they use a service locator lookup to get to the jbossws runtime. The KernelLocator.class however (part of the runtime) uses injection and is initialized when jbossws.sar is deployed.

Yes, I expressed that not clearly, but that's what I meant.

anonymous wrote :
  | So, the problem you encounter looks like a  deployment ordering problem to me. Until jbossws.sar is fully initilaized, the WS deployers cannot do their job. The NPE could be read "JBossWS not initialized yet".
It's actually that problem.

anonymous wrote : Since both WS deployers and WS runtime have different scopes and classloaders you cannot easily put a dependency which prevents these errors. (deployers would depend on deployment)
Exactly, I can't and  this would probably be against the as5 design. That's why I was thinking about having everything we need for deployment in server//deployers. So I'm wondering if doing this was evaluated in the past and not done for some reasons ;-)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4178978#4178978

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4178978