[jbossws-dev] [Design of JBoss Web Services] - Re: Dynamic Endpoint Deployment

kabir.khan@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Feb 12 09:41:04 EST 2009

"richard.opalka at jboss.com" wrote :
  | anonymous wrote :
  |   | Somehow the new deployment created internally needs to either include the original Module,
  |   |
  | I don't know how to achieve that because web service endpoint is published from servlet and we do not have access to DeploymentUnit from it :(

If you have the deployment's ClassLoader, you can obtain the Module by calling
org.jboss.classloading.spi.dependency.ClassLoading.getModuleForClassLoader()
This method exists in the version of jboss-cl that exists in AS Branch_5_0.

I am not sure if adding the Module as an attachment to the created deployment will have any effect since it looks like a Module is always created by AbstractClassLoaderDescribeDeployer/VFSClassLoaderDescribeDeployer, but you can try.

If that doesn't work I think you need to create a ClassLoadingMetaData from the Module, and put that into the deployment as an attachment.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4209542#4209542

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4209542