[jbossws-dev] Re: Improving JBossWS-CXF Client Side Integration

Alessio Soldano asoldano at redhat.com
Wed Jun 3 04:14:02 EDT 2009

Hi Dan and Richard,

Richard Opalka wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
>   Yes, I know about solution 1) you suggested. However I don't like it.
> It's hacky and could cause a lot of troubles to our customers.
> Thus I'd like to go the way to modify CXF code base.
I would not say it's hacky, as providing a custom
javax.xml.ws.spi.Provider impl is something quite common.
However, just to clarify, should another solution be found and put in
place without much trouble, I'd prefer that. The reason being we've
doing something similar (leveraging the META-INF/service load system) in
other area in the past and that taught us this can lead to a lot of
misunderstandings with users building up the classpath the wrong way and
thus not getting things working.

Thanks for the collaboration Dan.
Cheers
Alessio