[jbossws-dev] [Design of JBoss Web Services] - Re: JBossWS Test Approach

alessio.soldano@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Mar 9 06:23:17 EDT 2009

"richard.opalka at jboss.com" wrote : Because we're supporting multiple AS versions we can't
  | construct proper client classpath using maven dependencies..

Given that I see the issue that drove to this forum thread, I don't get why you think we can't construct proper client classpath using m2 dependencies because we're using multiple AS versions.

anonymous wrote :
  | Example:
  |
  | JBossWS 3.0.5
  | AS 5.0.0
  |
  | Which jaxb-impl version will be used in testing if we don't exclude it?
  |
  | (dependency:tree output from testsuite module in jboss500 configuration)
  | [INFO] org.jboss.ws.native:jbossws-native-testsuite:pom:3.0.5.GA
  | [INFO] +- org.jboss.ws.native:jbossws-native-client:jar:3.0.5.GA:compile
  | [INFO] |  +- org.jboss.ws.native:jbossws-native-core:jar:3.0.5.GA:compile
  | [INFO] |  |  +- com.sun.xml.bind:jaxb-impl:jar:2.1.6:compile
  | [INFO] +- org.jboss.ws:jbossws-jboss500:jar:3.0.5.GA:compile
  | [INFO] |  +- org.jboss:jbossxb:jar:2.0.0.GA:compile
  | [INFO] |  |  +- sun-jaxb:jaxb-api:jar:2.1.4:compile

The artifact that's closest to the root will be used (with the distance being defined by the number of nested dependencies you need to go through to reach the artifact).

anonymous wrote :
  | We can't exclude jaxb-impl neither from jbossws-native-client (note doesn't matter the different group.id)
  | neither jaxb-impl from jbossws-jboss500 because it's compile dependency (it won't compile without it).
  | We could exclude jaxb-impl either from jbossws-native-client or from jbossws-jboss500 in testsuite.pom xml.

Exclusions are required only when the closest version of a given artifact is not the one you want to use, but this should not happen if the dependency hierarchy is well done (which did not apply in our webservice module since some days ago).

This is besides the original problem, just to be clear on maven.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4216141#4216141

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4216141