[jbossws-dev] [JBoss Web Services Development] - Re: jms transport support in jbossws-cxf

alessio.soldano@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Nov 5 03:38:41 EST 2009

"jim.ma" wrote : "alessio.soldano at jboss.com" wrote :
  |   | What I'm thinking about is that you can probably define a new JMSTransportFactory that extends the original one and also uses the information regarding the jms stuff to update the endpoint address in the registry. That information is basically the  JMSConfiguration that is currently computed in the jms transport factory.
  | Now the jms endpoint address comes from the jbossws-cxf.xml now, and CXF will process it internally and set in the JMSCongfiguration.   The problem is we want to update/correct the jms endpoint address before servlet initialize (load bus). Because we can not rely on user specifies the load-on-startup to true value .  So we decide to parse the jbossws-cxf.xml and extract the jms address in JMSEndpointAddressDA before the stage of servlet really deployed.  So IMHO, I do do not think extending the JMSTransportFactory can help this . Correct me if I am wrong, Alessio.

You're right in the usecase where the jbossws-cxf.xml is provided and has the jms address. I'm thinking about the other use case, perhaps my suggestion could be useful for a late setup of the address in that case. But let's start with the first case, then we'll see what we can do.

"jim.ma" wrote :
  | "alessio.soldano at jboss.com" wrote :
  |   | Besides this, I was actually thinking about something else. Another interesting think to do would be to consider the jms endpoints too in the endpoint metrics that we provide (the count of messages, etc.). This is something we can deal with later, but keep an eye for possible integration points, idea, etc.
  |   |
  | AFAIK, CXF offers some JMX bean to count the soap request message and
  | manage the endpoint and transport destinations : http://cwiki.apache.org/CXF20DOC/jmx-management.html . I also did some work to register these beans in our jboss jmx server : https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBWS-2805.  We can look at how to consolidate it with our management work.
Sure, this is what we talked about on IRC yesterday, I agree.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4264053#4264053

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4264053