[jbossws-dev] AS7: Re-thinking WS container integration

Alessio Soldano asoldano at redhat.com
Thu Nov 25 04:55:32 EST 2010

On 11/25/2010 08:37 AM, Jim Ma wrote:
> I also agree with you guys all, this is a good opportunity to
> review/change/refactor in our side(JBWS4.x) to simplify something and
> make it faster
> * deploy endpoints faster - review and simplify the old deployers or
> DAs with new AS7 Deployment api
> * more manageable - provide interface/api to start/stop endpoints, or
> transport and monitor incoming message count etc..
That's coming almost for free once we have the service I mentioned, I
agree anyway.

> * enhance test suite running - there is embeded as7 for test use ?
Not exactly as of today, but people is working on that. Anyway, consider
that AS7 currently boots in 1.3 sec on my laptop, so...

> and if run one test case we just build one war file not the whole test
> deployments ...
This is an interesting point. As part of the major changes for JBWS 4,
we might consider improvements to the testsuite.
First of all, I'd like to see much more unit tests (currently our
testsuite is something like 99% integration tests).
Besides that, any specific idea regarding the proposal above (just build
one war...) ? Thinking about using Arquillian from code?

Cheers
Alessio

--
Alessio Soldano