[jbossws-dev] EJB3 endpoints into WAR deployments

Alessio Soldano asoldano at redhat.com
Wed Aug 31 02:01:12 EDT 2011

Hi Jim,

On 08/31/2011 04:46 AM, Jim Ma wrote:
>>> I'd say we won't have DeploymentType abstraction anymore.
>>> We will just have EndpointType abstraction with the following values:
>>>    * JAXWS_POJO
>>>    * JAXWS_EJB3
>>>    * JAXRPC_POJO
>>>    * JAXRPC_EJB21
>> The jaxrpc side of the issue is still to analysed, anyway, I see your
>> point, we can simply derive the DeploymentType info (JAR or WAR) from
>> the new EndpointType, so the former can simply be removed.
> But we still need let each endpoint easily know its
> deploymentType(war,ear or jar) information and other
> deployment context information(WarMetaData, EARMetaData or we wrapped
> JSEArchiveMeteData, EJB EJBArchiveMetaData).
> Then we can decide the address and context root when the ws endpoint is
> actually published.

I believe that the jar/war info can be derived from the EndpointType
once that's set, however if I'm proven otherwise, you can keep the
DeploymentType for this.

>> In the next future we'll work on allowing different context-root for
>> endpoints in the same webapp: that also implies deep changes in the
>> container integration, as most probably multiple webapps need to be
>> started to be able to publish endpoints in different context-roots and I
>> can foresee multiple issues with that (classloading just to say one).
> The @WebContext annotated with EJB3Endpoint is supported outside war
> file . We won't consider to support this case this time to keep thing
> simple ?

Right, that can go in the future effort.

> JAXWS_POJO WS endpoints coexists with EJB3Endpoint in a war file and
> there is jboss-web.xml to define the Context root with specific value.
> and EJB3Endpoint annotated with @WebContext.
>
> Alessio, can your new created  dynamically publish endpoint function
> help on this case ?

I'm not sure about that; we'll better evaluate when working on this
additional effort; theoretically, the new publish endpoint function does
not add anything really relevant here, but might be convenient. We'll see.

Cheers
Alessio

--
Alessio Soldano