[jbossws-dev] Fwd: Project Scope JBWS-3626: globally configure SSL settings for JAX-WS clients.

Alessio Soldano asoldano at redhat.com
Thu Apr 10 11:38:15 EDT 2014

On 10/04/14 17:27, Alessio Soldano wrote:
> Serverside Components
> There are serverside APIs that support tranferring select server configuration data to the client environment.
> See org.jboss.wsf.stack.cxf.client.ProviderImpl for a model for how to access elements from the server config and
> org.jboss.wsf.spi.management.ServerConfig
>

> Clientside Components
> Select server data is already passed to the client.  It is recommended the TLSClientParameters data be accesses from
> org.jboss.wsf.stack.cxf.client.configuration.BeanCustomizer::configureHTTPConduit

Just to clarify, the above mentioned BeanCustomizer is run against any
CXF object implementing Configurable whenever CXF calls 'configure' on
it. The BeanCustomizer is installed on both client and server CXF Bus
instances. When the client bus is actually in-container, the
ServerConfig can be retrieved and used to configure the conduits.

Speaking of Conduit configuration, I noticed that CXF also has a
org.apache.cxf.transport.http.HTTPConduitConfigurer interface;
implementors of that interface can be set as extensions to the Bus and
are used by the HTTPTransportFactory to configure each conduit being
created. So another option for configuring the conduit is to set such a
custom HTTPConduitConfigurer implementation in each bus being created
whenever the JBossWS integration is active.

Alessio

--
Alessio Soldano
Web Service Lead, JBoss