[jbossws-users] [JBossWS] - Enabling transport compression with JBossWS

mo_ctaylor do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Nov 16 15:54:31 EST 2006

I am using JBoss-4.0.4.GA and JBossWS-1.0.1.GA to develop JSR-109 POJO service endpoints using the RPC/literal model. We are currently having performance issues with large objects so I am trying to enable transport compression with Tomcat. I've enabled compression in Tomcat per instructions in the Wiki and on the Tomcat site. I can see that compression is working with a telnet session, if "Accept-Encoding: gzip" is sent.

I see using snoop that the J2SE client of the services does not setup HTTP1.1 for compression, the HTTP does not have "Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate" or anything like that. The HTTP1.1 Transfer-Encoding is also chunked so I hope that the compression will happen before chunking is done, will it? I have search the documentation and  forums for information but have not found out how to get JBossWS to do HTTP1.1 compression.

How do you enable transport compression with JBossWS?

Thanks,

Cindy

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3986672#3986672

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3986672