[jbossws-users] [JBossWS] - JBossWS 2.0 cannot handle inhertiance

koganty do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 19 22:02:51 EDT 2007

I am running JBoss 4.0.5 with JBossWS 2.0 with JDK 1.6.
JBossWS looks like cannot handle inheritance.

I have a class GetAllQueryRequest which extends QueryRequest which extends Request.

I have an EJB3 SLSB with methods :

@WebMethod
public Response executeSyncRequest(Request request)

@WebMethod
public QueryResponse executeSyncRequest1(QueryRequest request)

@WebMethod
public GetAllQueryResponse executeSyncRequest2(GetAllQueryRequest request)

When I generate the stubs on the client and in Test code call :
GetAllQueryRequest req = new ObjectFactory().createGetAllQueryRequest();
GetAllQueryResponse resp = (GetAllQueryResponse)bean.executeSyncRequest(req);

Eventhough I'm passing GetAllQueryRequest objecton the client..I'm just receiving the Request object on the server side.
Am I missing something or is this a bug?

Thanks.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4066011#4066011

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4066011