[jbossws-users] [JBossWS] - Problem using wsprovide and @WebParam

joestevens do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat May 17 13:09:31 EDT 2008

Hello,
   I'm getting up to speed with JBossWS.  I've been using wsprovide to generate wsdl files, but ran into an issue.  When using the @WebParam annotation and specifying "name" and "partName", it looks like the value for "name" is ignored.  For example:

  | @WebMethod
  | public String convert(@WebParam(name = "theName", partName = "thePartName") String input)

Results in this message in the wsdl:

  | <message name='Converter_convert'>
  |   <part name='thePartName' type='xsd:string'/>
  | </message>

The partName is being used correctly, but what happened to the name?  It's my understanding that the name attribute should be used as the name of the message.  Admittedly, I'm new to this, so I might have the wrong idea.  This is using JBoss AS 4.2.2GA.  Can anyone clear this up?  Thanks.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4151599#4151599

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4151599