[jbossws-users] [JBossWS] - Re: Jar file for org.jboss.ws.core.soap.SAAJMetaFactoryImpl.

alessio.soldano@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Oct 31 11:38:56 EDT 2008

First of all, sorry for the late reply; btw this thread could have also be in the JBossWS-Metro forum. Anyway, I'm looking at this topic and the related issue (JBWS-2335):

- the jbossws-client.jar is correctly removed by the jbossws-metro installation script because that's the native stack client artifact. You should get a jbossws-metro-client.jar artifact both in client and server/default/deploy/jbossws.sar (assuming you're using jbossws-metro 3.0.3 and the default server configuration). Restoring the jbossws-client.jar to any position in the server cannot be a solution, as you mix different implementations of the same things

- the javax.xml.soap.MetaFactory implementation to be used with Metro stack is com.sun.xml.messaging.saaj.soap.SAAJMetaFactoryImpl . So the problem here is with the server trying to look for org.jboss.ws.core.soap.SAAJMetaFactoryImpl which of course is not available when the Metro stack is installed. You should not have the jboss-saaj.jar lib in you classpath as that pulls in the native soap MetaFactory through the META-INF/services provide system.

- the jboss-saaj.jar is correctly removed from the jboss server/default/lib by the JBossWS-Metro installation. The right SAAJ library for this stack is installed instead (saaj-impl.jar) under server/default/deploy/jbossws.sar/

This said, if you didn't do this way before, I suggest starting from a vanilla jboss-4.2 distribution and then run the installation script. I'd also suggest using the default configuration or checking the jbossws-deploy.conf file in the configuration you want to use before running the installation script because of this issue https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBWS-2377 .

If you still have the issue, could you please attach a small testcase to JBWS-2335 so that we can reproduce the problem? I suspect this can be related to JBWS-2377 as our Hudson instance daily runs the jbossws-framework testsuite against JBoss 4.2.3.GA after having installed the binary distribution (the one you get from the download page once the release is out) on its default configuration.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4186070#4186070

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4186070