[jbossws-users] [JBossWS] - WeFault and throws declaration

skajotde do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 3 10:38:57 EST 2009

Hi

I have that structure

@WebFault public class BaseAppException {
  |   ExceptionXBVO getFaultInfo() { ...}
  | }
  |
  | @WebFault public class OtherAppException extends BaseAppException {
  |   ExceptionXBVO getFaultInfo() { super.getFa...}
  | }
  |
  | public interface IServiceOne {
  |   @WebMethod public String one(@WebParam("xxx" xxx) throws BaseAppException;
  | }
  |
  | @WebService [...other annotations...] public class SerwiceOne  implements IServiceOne {
  |    @WebMethod public String one(@WebParam("xxx" xxx) throws BaseAppException {
  |       throw new OtherAppException("info");
  |    }
  | }

If web service declare BaseAppException but method throws OtherAppException which inherit on it. Should JBoss WS throw SOAPFaultException or OtherAppException or BaseAppException ?

I think best solution is to catch OtherAppException by client but in my config is catched SOAPFaultException. When I add OtherAppException to throws declaration then is works as excepted. Does JBoss WS require adding to throws decalarion all possible exception, iheritance doesn't enough ?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4206608#4206608

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4206608