[jbossws-users] [JBossWS] - Unable to deploy service WAR

kj_newbie do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jun 3 18:55:39 EDT 2009

Hi,

I am stuck at the point of deployment of my WAR. (for starters I am not sure if I created the WAR correctly.) but, I get the following error :

15:49:57,468 INFO  [TomcatDeployment] undeploy, ctxPath=/StockQuoteService, vfsUrl=StockQuoteService
.war
15:50:00,218 INFO  [TomcatDeployment] deploy, ctxPath=/StockQuotePortImpl, vfsUrl=StockQuotePortImpl
.war
15:50:00,281 INFO  [[/StockQuotePortImpl]] Marking servlet StockServiceServlethttp as unavailable
15:50:00,281 ERROR [[/StockQuotePortImpl]] Servlet /StockQuotePortImpl threw load() exception
java.lang.ClassCastException: com.sun.samples.StockQuotePortImpl cannot be cast to javax.servlet.Servlet

I am not sure what's going on here. Can someone point me to a resource that would list steps to generate a WAR for the WS and deploy it. I mean, what all goes in the war? does the name of the WAR matter? does the name of the WS implementation file matter? how shd the web.xml look?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4235128#4235128

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4235128