[jbossws-users] SOAP/JMS topic with multiple service instance

tanmay pradhan tanmay.pradhan at exilant.com
Wed Mar 11 17:51:28 EDT 2009

Hi,
I need a help for the following configuration.

I need to define a web service (with SOAP over JMS).
For scalability purpose I need to deploy multiple instances of the same web
service.
But all the instances of the service are subscriber to a single topic ( name
is 'testTopic').

How do I specify that the message should be removed from the topic after
read by one subscriber?
I guess by this load balancing can be done.

Default configuration for testTopic in destinations-service.xml is extracted
below:

   <mbean code="org.jboss.jms.server.destination.TopicService"

      name="jboss.messaging.destination:service=Topic,name=testTopic"

      xmbean-dd="xmdesc/Topic-xmbean.xml">

      <depends optional-attribute-name="ServerPeer">jboss
.messaging:service=ServerPeer</depends>

      <depends>jboss.messaging:service=PostOffice</depends>

      <attribute name="SecurityConfig">

         <security>

            <role name="guest" read="true" write="true"/>

            <role name="publisher" read="true" write="true" create="false"/>

            <role name="durpublisher" read="true" write="true" create="true"
/>

         </security>

      </attribute>

   </mbean>

Where can I get the explanation for all possible attributes/tags used to
configure a topic in destinations-service.xml?

Please correct me if my approach for achieving scalability by deploying
multiple instance of same web service (war files) listening on a single
topic is wrong.

The versions I am using are:
JBoss AS 4.2.3.GA
jbossws-3.0.1-native-2.0.4.GA