[jbpm-dev] jBPM5 Request for Comments - feedback

Kris Verlaenen kverlaen at redhat.com
Mon Apr 19 16:10:00 EDT 2010

swiderski.maciej at gmail.com wrote:
> I would like to suggest to put some focus as well on authorization
> that should provide at least some basic option to restrict access to
> selected processes to users with granted roles, etc.
There's an item on authorization in the integration section that is
quite close to what you would be describing.  As a response to related
questions in this thread, I believe an optional component that you can
integrate (but also simply leave out, or replace with your custom
implementation) would be the way to go.  So if you don't need
authorization or your application will handle it, it won't impact you.
But it's always nice to have a default implementation that already
solves most of the common cases.

> There was mentioned that jBPM 5 will have WSHT - does it mean it will
> provide extensive support for web services? Currently it is not there
> and I think Riftsaw is dedicated for Web Service orchestration (BPEL).
> How jBPM will fit into that?!
RiftSaw is focusing on WS-BPEL execution, and thus targets the use case
commonly described as "web service orchestration".  While it would be
possible to do web service orchestration with jBPM5 (using BPMN2), it
will not the primary focus (at first).  However, a lot of the services
that are part of the architecture (BAM, WS-HT, console, etc.) can (and
will) be used across projects.

Kris