[jbpm-dev] document based workflows

Kris Verlaenen kverlaen at redhat.com
Mon Apr 26 19:29:51 EDT 2010

Interesting use case.  I do agree that some basic support for more
document management like this could definitely be useful to a lot of
people.  These two features you are mentioning, do you see them as
additional node types that you can use in your process if you want to?
Or would this require deeper integration?  I think this is a good
example of what is called "domain-specific processes" in the request for
comments (under usability), where the application domain happens to be
document management.

Ideally, I believe most of the features related to document management
should be achieved by providing the necessary integration with a
document management system of some kind, not trying to build similar
functionality closely tied to the process engine itself (like templates,
document management, etc.).

Kris