[jbpm-users] [JBoss jBPM] - token on tasks instance created at runtime

memius do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 14 05:42:15 EDT 2008

I try to create some task instances at runtime (so not declared in the process definition).
Let's say that I created them in process P.

When I try to add a task variable on such a task instance, I get the problem that I need a token...
Now ... I am not really sure how I should create this token (since the task instance isn't really connected to anything in the process, it is just a task that the user should see and that is related to the process).
So, what I did is create a with new Token(P).

Now ... when I try to save this token I saw that save(Token token) is implemented as : save(token.getProcessInstance);
So the token isn't saved and when I try to add a variable to the task instance I get the error that the token is not saved yet.

So, how should I deal with this kind of stuff ?
My question is not that specific, since I am not sure if what I am doing is correct, so, maybe I don't even need a token, or I could save it otherwise ... you tell me... at least ... I hope so ;)

Sincerely,
Dieter D'haeyere.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4170511#4170511

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4170511