[jbpm-users] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: Transient variables between process and subprocess

nizzy do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 3 11:22:04 EDT 2008

Hi Guys,

I know this was a long time ago, but I'm trying to access a super-process transient variables via a sub-process.

In an ActionHandler I extract the transient variable map. When in the super-process the map contains the expected variables, however the sub-process map is null.

Is there anything special I need to do, have done, so that the

  | subContextInstance.setTransientVariables(superContextInstance.getTransientVariables());

line of code in ProcessState is executed?

Currently all I'm doing is using the super-process to find the sub-process and signalling the sub-process.

public void signalSubProcess(long processInstanceId, String transitionName) {
  |         log.info("Signalling Sub Process");
  |
  |         // Find ProcessInstance
  |         JbpmContext ctx = JbpmConfiguration.getInstance().createJbpmContext();
  |         try {
  |             GraphSession gs = ctx.getGraphSession();
  |             gs.lockProcessInstance(processInstanceId);
  |
  |             ProcessInstance instance = ctx.getProcessInstanceForUpdate(processInstanceId);
  |             log.info("Root Token of instance is " + instance.getRootToken().getId());
  |
  |             ProcessInstance subInstance = instance.getRootToken().getSubProcessInstance();
  |             if (instance.hasEnded()) {
  |                 log.info("SubProcess Instance has already ended so cannot signal");
  |             }
  |
  |             if (subInstance != null) {
  |                 signal(subInstance, transitionName);
  |             } else {
  |                 String msg = "ProcessInstance not found";
  |                 log.info(msg);
  |                 throw new RuntimeException(msg);
  |             }
  |
  |         } finally {
  |             ctx.close();
  |         }
  |     }

Am I calling the sub-process incorrectly, and as a result not executing the code included in the ProcessState class?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4173988#4173988

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4173988