[jbpm-users] [jBPM Users] - Re: task & timers

MohReece do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Dec 11 04:05:37 EST 2009

>From the code you supplied I cannot see why the timer is not created (I'm assuming that you're not using abstract classes as handlers and that the class name for the task timer action handler does match in your actual code, because otherwise you'd have other problems running your example). At a first glance it seems to be OK...

What should happen is that an automatic task instance is created upon the node-enter event, when the StartCheck handler is executed and the TaskMgmtInstance.createTaskInstance(...) method is called; this should trigger the task-create event by which the CreateTimerAction should be executed (which was inserted when the process definition containing the task node was parsed from its XML form).

This CreateTimerAction is supposed to be creating the timer instance in the Scheduler service (i.e. saving the timer job on the JobSession).

My advice would be to crank up the logging levels to reveal the jBPM debug entries and see whether the expected events occur and if the timer is saved to the JobSession. Then you may be able to backtrace what went wrong...

I'm aware this is not too helpful yet, but from the given code it's all the help I can offer you so far...

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4270136#4270136

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4270136