[jbpm-users] [jBPM Users] - Re: Deploying JBPM project created by Eclipse in Tomcat serv

Nanaki do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 2 05:25:17 EDT 2009

Thanks for the quick answer kukeltje !

For the story, I spent my times configuring  all sort of possibilities using different version of jBPM and only a few of them "works" sucessfully.

So I explain what i did and where i am now:

I have followed this wiki few days ago:

anonymous wrote : http://www.jboss.org/community/wiki/JbpmOnTomcat

I sucessfully launched the jBPM-console with Apache Tomcat/6.0.20 and jBPM 3.2.GA (the same jBPM as the wiki).

So the example runs well, I can launch the jbpm-console via Apache Tomcat, play with some workflows inside, and it interacts well with the MySQL DB (login, update the workflow table when i play with it inside the application).

So now, I create a simple jBPM in eclipse, like the one shown in the jBoss jBPM demo here:

anonymous wrote : http://docs.jboss.com/jbpm/v3/demos/movies/jbpm-overview.htm

Like shown in the demo, to deploy the process, i click on the process, then go to the deployment tabs in Eclipse and launch the button "Deploy process  archive ...".

A message saying that it was deployed sucessfully is diplayed.

I though, now i have configured jBPM using the Apache Tomcat server, that the project will be deploy directly in the webapps folder of Tomcat.

But no, and the problem is that I don't know where it is deployed (and so I don't know the URL adress of the project... Because generally, it is juste: http://localhost:8080/projectname , with projectname corresponding to the name of the folder deployed in webapps Tomcat).

The webapps folder doesn't contain the project deployed (and I really have no idea where it is).

Here's a screenshot describing what i said and some interrogations i have.

[img]http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/763/jbpm.png[/img]
http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/763/jbpm.png

Thanks for your help :)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4253011#4253011