[jbpm-users] [jBPM Users] - Re: Deploying JBPM project created by Eclipse in Tomcat serv

Nanaki do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 2 14:42:30 EDT 2009

Ok, a couple days ago, I studied the door example.

So I have understand this simple sample (how to get a token, how to move it to differents state ...).

So now, I'd like to see this test directly on the worflow image.

For example, I have a JUnit test testing some movement of the token.

anonymous wrote : ou can also use the jbpm api and retrieve the jpdl file from e.g. your war and use a startup servlet to deploy it and have some checks around that to see if it is not already deployed.

I understand how to deploy a process via this part of code:

JbpmContext jbpmContext = jbpmConfiguration.createJbpmContext();
  | ProcessDefinition processDefinition = ProcessDefinition.parseXmlResource(
  |             "org/xxx/definitions/yyy/processdefinition.xml");
  | jbpmContext.deployProcessDefinition(processDefinition);
  | jbpmContext.close();

I also understand how to run a process via:

jbpmContext = jbpmConfiguration.createJbpmContext();
  |         processInstance = jbpmContext.newProcessInstance("processname");
  |
  |         contextInstance = processInstance.getContextInstance();
  | 	contextInstance.setVariable("var", myVar);
  |
  | 	processInstance.getRootToken().signal();

So i know how to move the token by using different "signal".

But i still don't understand (I didn't find a true example on internet) how to "use the jbpm api and retrieve the jpdl file from" like you said.

Because now, as i understand, i can do all the movements i desire with the token on the workflow, but can't display it on the workflow image.

Can you show me a part of java code that retrieve this image from the "processdefinition.xml" and how to display it (and update it at each time that we move the token with the method token.signal("xxx")

I'd like to have for example the same interface like when we deploy with Jboss server (the image with a red square around the node).

In a second time, is there any other method via JBPM 4.1 ?
My collegue asks if there's a simple method by using the processdefinition.xml file, and the template folder deployed in the Webapps  folder when installing JBPM 4.1 ?

Have you ever tested this version since its release ?

Thank you ^^ (again :p)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4253151#4253151

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4253151