[jbpm-users] [jBPM Users] - Re: JNDI-Lookups for the ProcessEngine in Tomcat

jbarrez do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Sep 12 10:24:08 EDT 2009

The ProcessEngine on Tomcat is not bound to JNDI (there is no way to write in the JNDI tree of Tomcat, which is possible in JBoss). A solution to this could be to register the process engine in the jndi tree by modifying the Tomcat config. But that's not a path we want to take, since we want to simplify the Process Engine lookup in the future (ie not through JNDI)

The Tomcat integration just gets a default process engine by calling Configuration.getProcessEngine(). This will oncstruct a ProcessEngine using a jbpm.cfg.xml on the classpath (which is actually in a jar in /lib folder of Tomcat). People who want to use the same ProcessEngine, must just call this same method.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4254891#4254891

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4254891