[jbpm-users] [jBPM Users] - extending taskquery

sravyts do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Sep 14 05:26:37 EDT 2009

I'm trying to extend TaskQueryImpl so I can add my own domain model search criteria.

I first started out by creating a new query impl class extending AbstractQuery. But then I was thinking that it would be better to extend TaskQueryImpl and append my search criteria to the  hql() generated by this class (this way, changes on the jbpm task tables won't cause my queries to error because I get the changes made to TaskQueryImpl for free.)

But ...

in the hql() method of TaskQueryImpl appendOrderByClause(hql) is called. So I can't append other search criteria after calling super.hql()... Couldn't it be possible to call the appendOrderByClause() from the AbstractQuery -> execute method after calling hql()? Ok, maybe the hql() method name is not really a good method name anymore in this case because the full hql is not generated here ...
But it would make the queries a lot more extendable!

What do you think?

Wk,
Sofie

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4255016#4255016