[jbpm-users] [jBPM Users] - Re: Deploying processes on Tomcat

sebastian.s do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Sep 15 09:37:02 EDT 2009

Hello Ronald,

finally I managed to get everything working. As I mentioned already, it was not my day. :)

1) When you use the ant task demo.setup.tomcat to create the demo setup the ant task also brings up the hsqldb-server using the supplied batch file after the installation is done. So I was under the impression that starting Tomcat also starts the database but it is just the first time after installation like this. Think this is a difference to the JBoss AS setup.

2) Regarding binding the hsqldb-server to the actual ip address I changed the installation templates of the config files so the changes are promoted all over the setup, especially important for C:\jbpm-4.1\apache-tomcat-6.0.20\conf\server.xml where the JbpmConsoleRealm is declared together with a connection url to the database server. :)

3) Regarding the deployment I also deleted the line
<property name="hibernate.hbm2ddl.auto">create-drop</property> from my configuration file in the process project. Whenever I deployed the process the schema was dropped and re-created so I lost the example users I was using for my tests.

Have a nice day and thanks for your hints.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4255306#4255306

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4255306