[jbpm-users] [jBPM Users] - [jBPM Bpel] Example in the userguide and the actual example

nazarfm do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Sep 21 06:19:07 EDT 2009

The Bpel 'hello' example in the user-guide has one inconsistency with the actual example project. The guide gives the following:

<assign name="ComposeGreeting" validate="no">
  |       <documentation>compose a greeting phrase</documentation>
  |       <copy>
  |         <from>concat('Hello, ', $request.name, '!')</from>
  |         <to part="greeting" variable="response" />
  |       </copy>
  | </assign>

The highlighted value is what Netbeans bpel designer will also produce. However, this does not work in jBPM bpel. Rather, the given hello example project changes the highlighted text into:

 <from expression="concat('Hello, ', bpel:getVariableData('request', 'name'), '!')" />

And this works. Is there something I'm not seeing here? I figure the first one should also work but so far no luck. No errors are reported, it just hangs. Anyone else had this experience?

Versions:
jBPM bpel 1.1.1
Jboss AS 4.2.3.GA

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4256115#4256115