[jbpm-users] [jBPM Users] - Migrating custom workflow to jbpm

p2auljr do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 24 15:58:24 EDT 2009

I am working on a project to refactor a custom built workflow process (simple POJO design with state design pattern) to use jbpm. The one issue that I am concerned with is how to handle current processes that are not in a final state and that will need to be integrated into jbpm. I want to avoid having to add programming logic to traverse the workflow in order to put the process in a proper state within jbpm.

Is there a way to jump to a specific node when starting a new processInstance?

If not, I was thinking of having multiple "migration" transitions from the initial start node to handle processes that have started within the old workflow. The downside with that approach is it presents an untrue picture of the workflow.

Are there any best practices or recommendations for this?

Thank you.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4256956#4256956

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4256956