[jbpm-users] Need help with jBPM 5.1

Hrushikesh Chidley hrushikesh.chidley at gi-de.com
Tue Aug 16 04:37:54 EDT 2011

Hi,

I need some help on development with jBPM 5.1. I am currently working on
creation of the business processes. I am stuck at following problem.

I have a process with a work item handler associated with it. I have
attached timer to the work item handler so as to make sure that the work
item handler does not take more than some stipulated time to complete. If
the timer expires, I intend to execute some piece of code.
Currently my piece of code to be executed if timer expires, is throwing a
runtime exception. As such the process stops there.
I know that I can put the complete code inside try catch and handle the
runtime exception, but that way if I have, let's say, 6 different work
item handler, each would have it's try catch block.
Is there any way in which I can avoid this and handle all runtime
exceptions getting thrown anywhere in complete process at some common
place? Could you point me to some APIs to achieve this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

Regards,
Hrushikesh Chidley