[jbpm-users] Deploying work item handlers and process definitions into process server?

Ulrich Staudinger ustaudinger at activequant.com
Mon Feb 13 04:40:29 EST 2012

Hi there,

I am quite happy with the bpmn2 engine and the way things work out so far. I
am running things in standalone mode at the moment.

I have create some work item handlers, the corresponding WID definitions,
registered them also in my knowledge session with

     ksession.getWorkItemManager().registerWorkItemHandler(entry.getKey().toString(),wih);

I can define bpmn processes and run these. Examples of work item handlers that
I created are BIRT report renderers or some specific test data populators.
Works really like a charm.

Now comes the question....

How can I deploy my WID definitions, the implementations of my WorkItemHandlers
and all necessary libraries into some sort of process server?

I have been looking at Guvnor already, but to be frank, I can't make the
mental link between my local setup, with a KnowledgeBuilder running in a local
virtual machine, and the main process server.  Also, I have been looking up
the river and down the river for documentation about this particular step.

How can I deploy my local stuff into the process server, so that users can
start a process, possibly design new processes and interact with the
processes?

Cheers and best regards,
Ulrich

--