[jdf-dev] Need help with cheat sheet issues

Sande Gilda sgilda at redhat.com
Mon Jul 22 12:33:46 EDT 2013

I am new to cheat sheets. I ran into issues testing quickstart pull 363,
so I decided to take a step back and look at Max's basic
cheatsheet-helloworld example. The source is here:
https://github.com/maxandersen/cheatsheet-helloworld

I imported his quickstart into JDBS 6.0.1 GA,  went to Help --> Cheat
Sheets. and opened the cheatsheet-helloworld/cheatsheet.xml file.

The cheatsheet.xml source file contains this XML:
     <item
          skip="false"
          title="Welcome to this project">
       <description>
          It is important to force this to be run to make the variable
resolved - a simple way to make that happen is to add an required
command as seen below.
       </description>
       <command
             required="true"
             returns="currentProject"
serialization="org.jboss.tools.project.examples.cheatsheet.getProjectForCheatsheet"/>
    </item>

In the cheat sheet in the right pane, I clicked on the "Click to
perform" under the description above:

I get this error:

I also don't see any link under the "Open a file" section either. I
believe there should be one based on this command:

       <command
             required="false"
serialization="org.jboss.tools.project.examples.cheatsheet.openFileInEditor(path=/${currentProject}/cheatsheet.xml,fromLine=27,toLine=29)"/>

Does anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,
Sande