[jdf-dev] [BRMS quickstart] doubt on BRMS 5.3.1

Rafael Benevides benevides at redhat.com
Wed Jul 24 16:16:44 EDT 2013

I'm working on this quickstart
https://github.com/eschabell/brms-customer-evaluation-demo and I'm
facing the following:

- This quickstart is target to BRMS 5.3.1
- BRMS 5.3.1 doesn't have its Maven artifacts online at:
http://maven.repository.redhat.com/techpreview/
- This quickstart uses a manual script to install those artifacts
locally (
https://github.com/eschabell/brms-customer-evaluation-demo/blob/master/init.sh
)
- Quickstarts should use Maven Central or an online  Maven repo, right ?
- This quickstart doesn't use BOMs
- We have a -with-drools BOM that is target to Drools community project

Questions:
- Is there another online repo for BRMS 5.3.1 in another place than
http://maven.repository.redhat.com/techpreview/ ?
- If there isn't an online repo for BRMS 5.3.1, Should we Downgrade this
quickstart to BRMS 5.3.0 (delivered on WFK 2.3)?
         - If Downgrade, what about JBPM releases (we don't have
org.jbpm on http://maven.repository.redhat.com/techpreview/) ?
- Another possible path: Should we target this quickstart to Community
or this is not desired?

Comments:
     - It seems that there isn't any BRMS Product Bom at the moment. So
it will not be using BOMs with we target to Product
     - If target to Community, we can add everything we need in
-with-drools BOM

I appreciate any comments on this

--
Rafael Benevides | Senior Software Engineer
Red Hat Brazil

See how it works at redhat.com