[jdf-dev] Need help with cheat sheet issues

Max Rydahl Andersen manderse at redhat.com
Tue Jul 30 03:14:23 EDT 2013

On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 08:19:20AM -0400, Sande Gilda wrote:
>That is exactly how I import the project. I choose New --> Import -->
>Maven --> Existing Maven Projects.
>
>I am working with your cheat sheet in pull
>https://github.com/jboss-jdf/jboss-as-quickstart/pull/363.

This pull request is broken/not updated to use the new features in JBDS 7 to
resolve files relative to the project where the cheatsheet is inside - which
is what we added to avoid these exact issues.

>When I import the 'kitchensink' project from the
>'quickstarts/kitchensink' directory where I checked out your pull, the
>project name appears as 'jboss-as-kitchensink' and the paths to the
>source files work.

Yes, they are hardcoded.

>If I copy your 'kitchensink' project from my 'quickstarts/kitchensink'
>directory to 'workspace/kitchensink' and import it from there, the
>project name is 'kitchensink', so the paths to the source files do not
>work because they are hard-coded as 'jboss-as-kitchensink'.

no, the project name is still what is in the pom.xml file - the directory is called kitchensink.
Two different things :) ...unless you also renamed something in .project or pom.xml ?

>I'm sorry if I'm not being clear here, but the files in both
>'kitchensink' projects are exactly the same. The location of the
>folder appears to affect the project name in JDBS, even though the POM
>files are exactly the same. Please view the screen shots I sent
>previously to see what I mean. If you give me your IRC nick and a
>channel, I can try to explain better. :-)

Can you commmit the project that is not working into git somewhere I can take a look at ?

renaming a directory is not sufficient to change the project name normally so something else is going on.

/max