[jsfunit-dev] Demo target platform

Stan Silvert ssilvert at redhat.com
Wed Jul 11 17:02:49 EDT 2007

Jonathan Prindiville wrote:
> Before anything significant, development-wise, happens with this demo
> application[1], I thought I should ask:
>
> Does anyone have any preferences/requests as to the target platform (by
> 'platform' I mean any combination of application servers and JDK versions)?

All of them, actually. :-)

Right now, I'm testing the example app on:
* Jetty, because it's the default for the Maven Cargo plugin
* Tomcat 5.x
* JBoss 4.0.x
* JBoss 4.2

See http://labs.jboss.com/jsfunit/building-jsfunit.html

For JBoss 4.2, we can't do automated testing until the Maven Cargo
plugin gets updated to support 4.2.  So for now we just have the ability
to create a proper WAR for 4.2 and run the tests from the browser.

I think it should be possible to support all these platforms for the
demo as well.  To get started, just target Tomcat 5.5 or JBoss 4.0.5 on
JDK 1.5. We can worry about setting things up to automatically run
against the other platforms later.

Stan