[jsfunit-dev] Re: Status: 2007-05-17

Matt Wringe mwringe at redhat.com
Thu May 17 10:52:17 EDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-05-17 at 10:20 -0400, Stan Silvert wrote:
> Sohil Shah wrote:
> >> have a simple test case created, but it wont work right now since
> >> jsfunit expects an httpresponse and portal uses a portalresponse.
> >

> > For now you can just unit test it as a standalone JSF web application.
> > The same application should just be intergrated into the portal via a
> > JSFBridge.
> >

> CC'd the jsfunit dev list.
>
> I'd be interested in knowing how important it will be to have portlet
> support for JSFUnit.  Do you guys think it's a high priority?
We want to be able to test the portal admin and other portlet
applications. So I wanted to create a simple test for the admin portlet
to see how well jsfunit would work and where it would need improvements.

The main issue I am getting is a ClassCastException when it's trying to
cast org.jboss.portlet.JBossRenderRequest as a HttpServletRequest. I
will look into this and see what the JBossRenderRequest is doing.

> Right now I'd rather concentrate on getting things built out a little
> more on the base project.
Right, I was planning on using my simple portlet test as a testing
grounds for jsfunit. But if you would rather I leave the portlet stuff
to a bit later, thats ok