[jsfunit-dev] Welcome Dennis Byrne

Dennis Byrne dennisbyrne at apache.org
Mon Sep 17 13:23:59 EDT 2007

Will do, but not soon since I'll be pulling long hours at a client site
today.  I didn't get an initial password.  I tried committing some code this
weekend (using my username and password to log into the JBoss portal) and it
failed.

Julien, it will take a lot more than that :) !

Dennis Byrne

On 9/17/07, Stan Silvert <ssilvert at redhat.com> wrote:

> Sounds great Dennis.  I just got word from IT that your committer rights
> have been activated.  I assume they sent you an initial password?
>
> First task for you:
> Test out your committer rights by adding yourself in the <developers>
> section of the root POM.
>
> Second task:
> Flesh out your ideas as new Feature tasks in Jira.
>
> Third task:
> Ignore Julien.  He spent too much time with Roy "Stay Metal" Russo :-)
>
> Stan
>
> Dennis Byrne wrote:
> > Thanks Stan,
> >
> > Here's a run down of things to come ...
> >
> > I want to be able to create a set of abstract TestCases that can tell me
> > things like the following :
> >
> >    ... Manage bean "foo" in /WEB-INF/faces- config.xml is in session
> > scope, but it does not implement Serialable
> >    ... EL expression #{projectBean.project.nam} will throw a
> > MethodNotFoundError when /WEB-INF/pages/projectLister.xhtml is rendered
> > because class com.foo.Project does not have a property called "nam"
> >   ... Managed bean "bar" occurs twice in /WEB-INF/faces-config.xml
> >   ... Cyclical dependency found in for managed beans "foo" -> "bar" ->
> > "bean" -> "foo"
> >   ... Tag class com.foo.Tag in /WEB-INF/tld/lib.tld has an attribute for
> > "foo", but no setter for property foo
> >   ... PhaseListener com.foo.Misspelled in /WEB-INF/f-c.xml could not be
> > found
> >   ... Managed bean in EL expression #{ misspelled.name
> > <http://misspelled.name>} on page /WEB-INF/home.xhtml does not exist
> >
> > You get the point.  Anyways, thanks for inviting me and expect to see
> > this happen, one weekend at a time :)  Now Julien, I agree w/ you on JSP
> > - but Tomahawk is rocks my friend.
> >
> > Dennis Byrne
> >
> > On 9/17/07, *Julien Viet* <julien at jboss.com <mailto:julien at jboss.com>>
> > wrote:
> >
> >     JSF Anti Pattern :
> >
> >     1/ don't use Tomahawk
> >     2/ don't use JSPs
> >
> >     On 17 sept. 07, at 14:50, Stan Silvert wrote:
> >
> >      > I'd like to welcome our first non-JBoss comitter to the JSFUnit
> >      > project.
> >      >
> >      > Dennis Byrne is from ThoughtWorks and brings to us several years
> >      > experience as an active MyFaces comitter.  He'll be adding a new
> >      > dimension to JSFUnit in the form of static analysis tools.
> >      >
> >      > I'll let Dennis elaborate on the details when he is ready, but
> >      > basically, you will have some standard JUnit tests that let you
> >      > know if your configuration is screwed up.  Or as he called it,
> >      > "Strong typing for JSF templates".
> >      >
> >      > Also, if you are planning on attending ApacheCon in Atlanta,
> Dennis
> >      > will be doing a talk on "JSF Anti-Patterns".
> >      >
> >      > Stan
> [...]

Dennis Byrne