[jsr-314-open] organizing composite component templates

Ed Burns Ed.Burns at SUN.COM
Mon Apr 13 15:01:30 EDT 2009

DA> Another question came up at the JSF 2.0 presentation last night, this one
DA> about composite components.

DA> Can composite component namespaces/directories have multiple nested
DA> directories?  Same question with resource locations?
DA>   http://java.sun.com/jsf/composite/storefront/form/

The way we agreed to do this was the following syntax in a
facelet-taglibraryA.xml file:

<facelet-taglib>
    <namespace>http://domain.com/path</namespace>
    <composite-library-name>compositeTest</composite-library-name>
</facelet-taglib>

And this in a facelet-taglibraryB.xml file

<facelet-taglib>
    <namespace>http://domain.com/path/nested</namespace>
    <composite-library-name>compositeTestNested</composite-library-name>
</facelet-taglib>

Yes, you are correct that the resource naming scheme prevents nested
resource libraries.  Nested resource libraries were not on the list of
requirements when we designed this feature back in November of 2007.  We
will not accept this requirement change at this point.

Ed