[jsr-314-open] So what's left for 2.0?

Neil Griffin ngriffin at LIFERAY.COM
Thu Mar 12 18:56:02 EDT 2009

On Mar 11, 2009, at 10:20 AM, Andy Schwartz wrote:

> 3. Portlet support
>
> See the "Portlet support - remaining issues" thread for known open
> issues.

Andy: I've got a Mojarra 2.0 sample portlet (including multipart/form-
data file upload) working with Liferay Portal and a branch of the JSR
301 bridge RI that supports Portlet 2.0. It doesn't exhaustively test
all the new JSF 2.0 features, but it certainly demonstrates JSF 2.0
backward compatibility with JSF 1.2

If we can nail down the Ajax Postback URL issue (from the "Portlet
support - remaining issues" thread) then I think we have good (but not
perfect) support for JSF 2.0 within Portlet 2.0 compliant portlet
containers.

-1 on punting "portlet support" until JSF 2.1

Neil