[jsr-314-open] Ajax rendering of components among compositions?

Jim Driscoll Jim.Driscoll at SUN.COM
Sun May 24 22:52:22 EDT 2009

The only bizzare bit is where the absolute id didn't work - but that's
explainable in a few ways.

The basic technique - using #{cc.clientId}:subcomponentid to reference
the rendered id in the ajax calls,  does not seem excessively hard to me.

If you're doing ajax stuff in page, you need to know what the rendered
id's are going to be.  The minute you start doing anything past hello
world, you will anyway.

If you disagree with this, having seen the basic demo, then obviously
I'm wrong, since I'd say you're both more sophisticated than the target
audience.  So please check that out (jsf-demo/ajax-switchlist), and let
me know.

Jim