[jsr-314-open] FacesServlet declaration in Java EE 6

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 13:37:54 EST 2009

On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 1:05 AM, Dan Allen <dan.j.allen at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 12:45 AM, Martin Marinschek <mmarinschek at apache.org
> > wrote:
>
>> I would hope we take this in. However, we would probably have to
>> specify a default-name for the FacesServlet then, so that people can
>> override.
>>

> Precisely.
>

>From what I can tell, the JSP spec does not specify a standard servlet name
for the JspServlet. It just talks about *.jsp being the default extension
(or *.jspx if <isxml> is true). Catalina names this servlet "jsp". There are
proprietary overrides to configure the servlet in the <jsp-config> element
of course.

I think we should go with the name "Faces Servlet" since that appears to be
the most common reference. If the space is a problem, we can drop it. Here
are alternatives:

Faces Servlet
FacesServlet
faces