[jsr-314-open] Components

Martin Marinschek mmarinschek at apache.org
Sun Oct 18 07:15:34 EDT 2009

Hi Dan,

> Inputs like phone number, date, time, color, file upload. So let's work to cover the "lame if
> absent" cases and then we can debate the cases that are on the fence.

Date, time and color: input, yes, if we find a good way to do this
mostly without javascript, I am not against this.

However, color input is something I have never used in any application
at all, and date and time input are notorically hard to get right in
the browser. Very hard. All the javascript which is out there for
doing this is mostly... very bad.

regards,

Martin